International Rep 2016/2017
The past two weeks have been packed with planning and campaigns for all the candidates who were standing for the annual UCLan elections. This year’s campaigns were amazing, ranging from smiley stickers, sweets and zombies walking the corridors.
Over 3,000 students casted their votes over five days, which broke last year’s record of 2,094 votes. The results were announced on Friday 11th March 2016 and we are pleased to announce that the International Rep for 2016/2017 is Bhakti Vaidya.
She shares her manifesto with us.
A 2nd year Biomedical Science student, who has been involved with the SU while volunteering as a course Rep in 1st year, but more as a President of the Indian Society. Through my society and as an International Buddy, I have had the opportunity to interact with many international students this year.
Former International Rep has done some great work but, after speaking to international students there is still a lot which they would like to see happening. I believe, I am capable of putting your feedback into action, which will benefit international students and provide even better UCLan experience.
As your International Rep, I pledge I will:
- Ensure international students are provided with the correct information regarding arrival and pick up from airport.
- Ensure the pickup team are at each terminal, so that students can easily recognise UCLan team.
- Provide free of charge bed packs for students arriving late night or on weekends.
- Organise more International events throughout the year e.g. International Food Festival.
- Ensure all students are provided with the welcome pack with all the information about where to go on first day, beforehand.
- Ensure, students receive their timetable before arriving.
- Organise regular meetings to get feedback.
- Solve any issues/problems.